background

Monday 20 February 2012

Dress to impress- The Interview

I have received an email today inviting me to interview for a very well know charity in Central London which I am really excited about. Each interview gives me an excuse to add a special piece to my wardrobe that I wouldn't otherwise buy under the auspices of a "confidence boost"! 


While it is great fun piecing together the perfect first impression, it can be very tricky to pitch your presentation to the tone of the company.


I've found this website which gives good examples of the 'business to casual' spectrum and I already have this jacket that I want to create the look around



Obviously it will get a good steaming to smooth out the creases, it's been sleeping in my crammed wardrobe for a fair while!


I always do a classic make-up and go for fail safe O.P.I. in Tickle My France-y on the nails as it's a very pretty taupe which looks professional.






Do you have any interview outfit fail safes or any great tips?


My one tip for interview (other than to allow them to see the true you) is to always have a few questions prepared. If you think they have covered what you were going to ask, it's always handy to ask them, 'What skills are missing from your current team which you hope to fulfill with this post?' This gives you an opportunity to give a targeted answer on how you can genuinely bring something new to the team.


Wish me luck and all the best to fellow job seekers out there!!


Sarah-J x

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to you, love that blazer!! And that's a great tip, wish I'd known that for my interviews. I work for a well known charity now :) fingers crossed for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I love the jacket and the nail colour is fab!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete