background

Saturday 18 February 2012

Some First Half of Feb Favourites!

Lovely stuff!
Starting from left to right


1. The Body Shop Chocomania Body Butter- I will come clean straight away and say that I did work for The Body Shop for a couple of years as a customer consultant and colour coach, however, I feel this makes me more objective of their products not less, as I know the standard of their great stuff and I know what I'm not so keen on. This Body Butter is part of a new Chocomania range released just before Valentine's Day and even though I'm not usually a fan of gourmand scents, the Chocomania scent in the body butter is yummy. It has all the high quality moisturising properties that you would expect from a Body Shop body butter with a smooth caramel/ creme brulee scent. It's not too heavy and I'm looking forward to trying the rest of the range.
2. Nails Inc. in Victoria- This is a great winter plum colour that lasts on the nail. I applied three thin coats, allowing drying time between, and it only started to slightly chip by Saturday which is great news as I type from 8:30am-5pm in my job so my nails do get a bashing. Dark polishes show the slightest chip straight away and I recommend this for it's rich colour and great longevity.
3. Maybelline Blush Mousse in 06- I got this while away as I hadn't packed any blushers and was drawn to the colour. I really really dislike the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation and was apprehensive about this product. I needn't have been. The cool toned pink has a sight shimmer and buffed on with an ecotools blusher brush to the apple of the cheeks gives a pretty glow. It is highly pigmented so be light with this unless Miss Piggy is your make-up icon.
4. Garnier BB Cream- I have an oily t-zone and this BB Cream does not upset it one bit. I evens out my redness and leaves my skin looking fresh and not too made up. I love this for work and I just love this make-up in general. I know there are many prestige brands with their own BB Creams but if you haven't tried one yet and would like to dip your toe- you won't go far wrong with this little beauty!
5. Clinique Turnaround Body Smoothing Cream- Clinique is another brand where I love some of their products and am very wary of others (after their toner took off the top layer of my nail varnish?!) that said, this turnaround body smoothing cream is excellent for irradicating dry, rough, uneven, flaky and generally winter addled skin. I would also highly recommend this if you work in an air conditioned environment as the active ingredients in the product work to exfoliate and smooth the skin continuously throughout the day. There is also a face masque in this range which is amazing but I have that lined up for a pamper session special post which will be coming soon :P.
6. Sleek Liquid Eyeliner in Black- Just incase anyone from Sleek is reading this, **please sort out your website!** the basket empties itself and the navigation is hyper sensitive so a bit frustrating which is a shame as you can currently only buy Sleek products from selected Superdrugs and it would be so much easier to order it online-phew! rant over! Sleek make-up is well made, well pigmented and an absolute bargain. This eyeliner has a firm but comfortable tip which allows for ease of application and is slim but not too slim meaning it's great for novices to liquid liner and also for doing more detailed eye make-up. The colour itself is a true black with a matte finish which is also blendable.


That's it so far for the first half of the month- I'd love to know what other people make of this products, especially Sleek make-up?!


Sarah-J x

2 comments:

  1. haha your title made me laugh :) I love the Sleek liners - in fact I love most of Sleek's offerings but I agree their website sucks! I'm pretty sure they've lost a decent amount of business through people just giving up on it!

    Maisyetc.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Maisy,

      Yup they probably have! Not all make-up lovers are so determined to get their mitts on the stuff! Thanks for the follow~ the photography on your blog is very pretty :)

      Sarah-J x

      Delete